Either macro and microalgae contains specific compounds that are not found in other vegetables. Consequently, identification and quantification of those compounds require in-depth knowledge of the algal biomasses. Best standards, optimised sample preparation and specific analytical conditions are necessary for such analyses. Moreover, compliance to regulations increasingly require the detailed description of the composition of products sold onto the market.
With over 20 years experience in the algal industry and algae analyses, our team has developed taylor-made procedures (from proximate analysis to details composition of polymers, sizes…) in order to propose the best and most accurate biochemical overview of your algal biomasses or extracts.
We are able to analyse:
- Saccharides (from monosaccharides to polysaccharides, from identification, quantification to characterization)
- Lipids (Omega 3, Omega 6, Phospholipids etc…)
- Proteins (Amino acid, molecular weight analysis etc..)
- Phenolic compounds
- Pigments (Chlorophyll, Fucoxanthin, Astaxanthin, Phycocyanin…)
- Vitamins (Tocopherol, Folic acid, Ascorbic acid…)
- Polyamines (Spermin, Spermidin, Putrecin…)
- Salts (Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus…)
- Heavy metals (Arsenic, Copper, Lead…)
- Genetic characterization
Need help for your analytical work?
Call our experts for more information or technical assistance.